Thursday, December 2, 2010

Exchanges Sent & Received

I can't believe it is December already!!  It just seems to creep up every year. Pretty soon it will be 2011!

I've been working on quite a few exchanges in the past  month or so and I am happy to say I have met all my goals & deadlines! Yeah!!! Everything has either arrived to my partners or should be getting to them soon.

This first exchange was from the imfamous Elsue 123 Christmas ornament exchange. Sue runs this exchange every year on the 123MB. This was the 2nd year I participated. Sue made the deadline to send your ornament December 1st. She also holds a drawing for a 123stitch Gift Certificate for everyone who mails their ornament out by the deadline. I think that is VERY generous of her! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I win! Who can't use MORE stash?!! LOL

I made this ornament for my partner Vickie from Alabama. It is from the 2010 JCS ornament issue by JBW designs. I used GA Buckeye Scarlet on 28ct unknown evenweave. This was also the first time I tried doing the raushed ribbon. It actually wasn't hard but did get teidous at times. I couldn't believe it used a whole roll of ribbon! Although it probably wasn't a really big spool to begin with.



This is the ornament I received from Vickie. Isn't he adorable??!! Thanks so much Vickie! I love him!!



The next exchange was for the TGOSM yahoogroup annual Christmas Ornament Exchange. Kate in the UK has run this for the past 2 years. I actually first participated in it 3 years ago but I forget if Kate ran it then? Anyway here is the ornament I made for my partner Bea. It is from the 1999 JCS Ornament issue. The designer is Little By Little Designs and it is called "My Little Christmas Gift". I really like this design and though it was perfect for an exchange being it was personalized. I used 32ct unknown linen (unknown because I can't remember lol) and DMC floss..

I received an adorable ornament from Sonia in the UK. She stitched "Herbert" from Heart In Hand. I've seen him before and always  thought  he was just darling ! Thanks so much Sonia! I love him!




Last but certainly not least I was in the Black Bird Designs exchange. This is my first exchange with them. My partner was Mayte . I stitched Love Letters for her from the BBD Joyeux Noel book. I have always loved that design and finish and couldn't wait to do it. I used 32ct cream linen and the DMC colors called for. I also finished it off as was suggested in the book. This was also the first time I made an acorn emery and it was very easy! 



Now about those acorn tops!
The only trees that are around my block are Palm Trees or the occasional Pine Tree.  So I was thinking if I was still living in New York I had 2 huge Oak trees on my front lawn which doesn't help me now. Being my DH is out and about at his job I asked him if he ever saw any Oak Trees and if so can he pick me up so acorn tops. He said sure he sees them all the time in the parks he has to go into for work. So the next day I go to pick my son up from school and while walking through the parking lot (which is just a field with a few scraggly trees) I step on something. I look down and lo and behold it is a stinkin acorn!! I was like huh??? Turns out those scraggly trees with Spanish Moss all over them are Oak trees!!! Who knew?? LOL I never noticed them because Oak Tree leaves turn from green to brown here. They do not get all of the lovely colors that they do up in New York. Besides that nasty Spanish Moss is covering them so you really can't make out what they are. So everyday for the past 5 years I have been walking under 3 BIG oak trees and never noticed until I needed them :) Now I have a whole bunch :)

 I have a few more exchanges which should be getting to their new owners any day now. I will post once they arrive.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

5 comments:

Lisa V said...

All soo lovely, I especially like your BBD exchange piece you made.
LISA V

Daffycat said...

Oh, such beautiful exchanges! I really like ruched ribbon but I've never tried it. Yours looks really good!

Brigitte said...

These are some very beautiful exchange gifts, Lisa. I've never tried ruched ribbon edges but I should do it as they look great.

Angela said...

I love your finishes especially the BBD one! I have to try the ruched ribbon on some of my ornaments next year :)

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

I love the box you made for me!! The acorn emery is adorable. Thank you so much :)